Portaflow 330 (PF330)
Utilizing advanced DSP technology, the Portaflow 330 (PF330) is the latest portable flow measurement and recording system to be added to the Micronics range of equipment.
The PF330 can display instantaneous fluid flow rates or velocity, together with totalized values. It also incorporates a data logger that can record up to 98k events which can be output directly to a PC or printer or stored in the instrument’s memory for downloading at a later time.
A variable current or pulse output, proportional to the detected flow rate, is also produced by the PF330 to enable it to interface with a range of external control devices such as those found in building management or site monitoring systems.
The PF330 is very much designed with ‘ease of use’ in mind. An interactive QuickStart menu, which simplifies system installation at any suitable location, together with minimal set-up requirements, means that the system can be installed and brought into service very quickly. Furthermore, the application parameters for a particular site can be saved to non-volatile memory and instantly recalled if a site is revisited for monitoring at a later time– further reducing the set-up time.
The flow sensors, or transducers, connected to the PF330 instrument are attached to the outside of the pipe being monitored and provide totally non-invasive flow measurement without disturbing the existing plant equipment or process operation.
- Light-weight, hand-held instrument with large, easy to read graphic display and switchable backlighting
- Flow range 0.33f/s to 65.6f/s bi-directional
- Two types of transducer sets supplied for use with pipes ranging 0.51-78.7 in. outside diameter
- 10 selectable operating languages
- Simple to follow dual function keypad
- Simple ‘Quick Start’ set up procedure
- Continuous flow monitoring, with ‘Totalised’ option
- Data logging with up to 98k stored data points
- Data logging can be controlled manually or set-up for timed operation, allowing unattended operation
- Logged data can be viewed as text or graphically, with the ability to scroll to any stored event
- RS232/USB outputs for downloading data logger contents to PC. Live data logging also available at these outputs
- Pulse output, 4-20mA, 0-20mA or 0-16mA output with simple range calibration
- Rechargeable battery with up to 20hrs continuous battery operation depending on load
- Mains/battery operation with battery management
- Building services
- Energy management
- Power generation
- Power plants
- HVAC & energy system audits
- Pump verification
- Process control
- Chemical addition
- Hydraulic systems
- Fire systems
- Leak detection
- Boiler testing